Famous Brands sells controlling stake in tashas

Famous Brands has sold its controlling 51 percent stake in the boutique café brand back to founders.

Famous Brands has announced that it has sold its controlling 51 percent stake in boutique café brand, tashas, to the founding Sideris family, who hold the remaining 49 percent.

According to a statement by the company, the sale is in line with its three-year strategic roadmap, which includes a narrower focus of investment of resources in the Signature brands portfolio.

tashas was founded in 2005 by brother and sister Natasha and Savva Sideris, her brother. In 2008 Famous Brands acquired a 51 percent stake in the business, which comprised two restaurants. At 30 July 2020, the network comprised 18 restaurants in South Africa and eight in the United Arab Emirates.